Our district office, located at 2108 W. 35th Street, is seeking a Constituent Services Coordinator
who will provide assistance and resources to constituents who contact the district office regarding
various issues. This position acts as a liaison between the district office and constituents. This
position is responsible for the majority of communications with constituents, answers casework
correspondence to constituent services, plans events strategically designed to address district
issues, and supervises interns. This position also provides key administrative support to the Chief
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
● Acts as the liaison for the State Representative within their area of responsibility,
including answering casework correspondence, meeting with constituents, verbal
communications with constituents, and attending state-sponsored events in
accordance to district need;
● Acts as a liaison to local and state officials and other persons or groups to form
effective relationships for the State Representative;
● Assesses casework for problems requiring legislative action and determines
appropriate course of action;
● Handles casework assignments; including data entry and seeing to requests including
contacting nonprofit organizations and other government entities to help constituents
in need of assistance;
● Screens and refers cases, when appropriate, to other district offices;
● Logs and replies to all constituent emails and correspondence;
● Keeps the State Representative and Chief of Staff informed of recurring constituent
● Monitors scheduled district meetings for the State Representative with constituents;
● Coordinate constituent-oriented events; i.e., involved in planning and carrying out of all
● Monitors and facilitates constituent-oriented communication, including email, letters,
phone calls, and more;
● Helps compile, maintain and distribute the bi-weekly district newsletter;
● Helps maintain the online presence of the district office by updating and monitoring
social media and district website;
● This staff will also serve as a liaison to specific neighborhoods within the district:
Bridgeport and Chinatown;
● Manages district office internship program and supervises interns and fellows.
● Participate in Administrative Team meetings, planning, and general office procedure
● Answer and direct phone calls and visitors
● Maintain various databases related to constituent services activities
● Prepare and distribute mailings
● Assist in research when requested
● Ensure that all necessary support materials are provided to the State Representative
● Assist with strategic planning for district-wide events
● Coordinates and leads annual district events such as the Health Fair, Back to School
drives, Senior Breakfasts, and Community Town Halls
● Attend and provide support for other district events
● Attends community meetings and/or events when requested by the State
Representative or Chief of Staff
● Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
● Knowledge of either Cantonese or Mandarin Chinese is required, and fluency in
both is preferred.
● High computer proficiency – specifically with GSuite platforms.
● Ability to exercise discretion, independent judgment, and problem-solving skills.
● Organized, with thoroughness and careful attention to detail.
● Strong oral and written communication skills.
● Consistent and reliable work attendance.
● Must have the temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful,
pleasant, and professional manner.
● Knowledge of office policies, practices, and procedures.
● Knowledge of government offices and procedures is helpful to be successful in this
Compensation: $46,000-$52,000, commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
Qualified candidates may send their resume and cover letter to Ruben Bautista at
email@example.com. Please use “Constituent Services Coordinator” as the