You can help the Humanities Professional Resource Center connect humanities majors to post-graduation success.
Support can take many forms.
In addition to providing financial support to the Center, you can be a part of our work by
- Joining our network of alumni mentors or Illini Link to answer questions from current students and supply advice.
- Hosting an externship (also known as “job-shadowing’) opportunity at your workplace to help students with career exploration.
- Offering an internship through your company or organization.
- Writing a guest post for our blog about your career path or a strategy you’ve used for career success.
- Participating in a networking or professional development event with current humanities majors.
If you provide financial support, your gift will help:
- Bring speakers to campus to talk about their career paths and provide advice specific to their fields.
- Make it possible for more students to participate in off-campus conferences and other career-building events.
- Subsidize students taking part in unpaid internships with nonprofit organizations.
- Create innovative programming to meet the career development needs of humanities students.